Have you ever think about the benefits of eating green chili everyday? The green chili is an immature chili pepper that can either be Pasilla, Poblano or Anaheim, harvested before it ripens fully. They contain a lot of water and have no calories or fat, which makes them healthy for cooking or consumption as a raw food. They contain various nutritious ingredients that the body requires which means they offer various health benefits. They contain; vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, copper, potassium, iron, proteins, and carbohydrates. Their main component is capsaicin, which makes them have a spicy hot taste.
Green chili is one of the unavoidable ingredients in many countries around the world. Basically, green chilies give a good spiciness to any dishes where we add. Since it will change the food to little spicy, many kids don’t like to see this green chili in their food. So, some parents completely avoid green chilies on their daily meals. But, do you know, green chilies are really good for your health? This is the post for people who don’t know the benefits of eating green chili. Through this post, you will learn the best 14 benefits of eating green chili everyday.
You May Like: How To Make Sri Lankan Style Spinach Curry
Benefits of Eating Green Chili Everyday
1. Improve the heart health: From the fact that green chilis don’t have fat, it means they promote low cholesterol levels which are important in maintaining good heart health. In addition to that, green chilies will reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and atherosclerosis by reducing triglyceride levels and platelet aggregation. It also improves on heart health by promoting fibrinolytic activity, which involves inhibiting the formation of blood clots that can lead to stroke and heart attacks.
2. Helps in digestion: Green chili is rich in vitamin C and dietary fiber which are essential in digestion processes as well as bowel movements and cleansing the colon. In addition to that, it stimulates saliva production while chewing food, providing enough lubrication for digestion. It also acts as an anti-ulcer aid for people who don’t have a peptic ulcer. Dietary fiber also helps in preventing constipation as it is bulky.
3. Enhance the skin health: Green chili has Vitamin C and E content, which are important in keeping your skin healthy and prevents aging while giving your skin a natural glow. This is all attributed to by collagen which is formed by the help of vitamin C. It also poses antibacterial properties that help in treating various skin conditions and wounds as well. Phytonutrients present in green chili aid in getting rid of rashes, acnes, skin blemishes, wrinkles and pimples.
4. Aids in weight loss: As earlier mentioned green chilis are low caloric and have no fat which makes them ideal for people who want to lose weight. In addition to that, if you consume foods with green chili every day, it will increase food metabolism by 50% thus helping in burning excess fat in the body and instigating weight loss.
5. Ideal for diabetics: Green chili has the ability to balance blood sugar levels which is a health concern for diabetics. People suffering from diabetes are advised to add green chili in their daily diet to help in lowering blood sugar levels when they shoot up.
6. Reduce the risks of cancer: Green chilies are a pot full of antioxidants, which are vital in fighting against various types of cancer. It acts as a natural scavenger in your body thus offering protection to your body from free radicals associated with cancer. The main types of cancer green chili keep at bay include prostate, lung, bone and stomach cancers.
7. Combats common cold: If you are suffering from a common cold, the green chili will help you get rid of it. Capsaicin in green chilis stimulates the mucus membranes in the nose and sinuses where it triggers the effect that helps combat the common cold. It also contains phytonutrients which help in soothing the respiratory system.
8. Helps fight against anemia: Green chilies are rich in iron which is essential for the formation of red blood cells and boosts hemoglobin levels in the blood. The vitamin C in green chilis helps in absorption of iron thus aiding in the fight against anemia.
9. Acts as a pain reliever: The green chili contains anti-inflammatory properties which help tone down pain in various parts of the body. Nonetheless, its anti-inflammatory property helps in relieving any swollen areas thus essential for people suffering from arthritis and bone disorders such as osteoporosis.
10. Lowers levels of Homocysteine: This is the work of the vitamin B6 contained in green chilies. Homocysteine is an amino acid relevant in cellular metabolism and protein manufacturing in the body. When its levels are high, it can lead to heart diseases as it damages the linings of blood vessels and enhanced blood clotting.
11. Healthy hair: Green chilies contain silicon, iron and vitamin c which play an important role in promoting hair health. Silicon improves blood circulation in the scalp and hair follicles while iron increasing oxygen levels in the circulating blood. Silicon also works as a growth stimulator and protects the hair follicles from DHT (dihydrotestosterone) harmful effects.
12. Enhance good mood: Capsaicin in green chilies is a good antidepressant, which helps in alleviating stress, and bad moods. In addition to that, it releases endorphins (good feel) into the brain to enhance good mood.
13. Enhances eye health: Alongside vitamin C, green chilis contain beta-carotene which is essential in maintaining good eye health. It helps in preventing eye problems such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
14. Boost the immunity system: High amounts of vitamin C and B6 work together to provide the body with a strong immunity to fight against various diseases.
You May Like: Exercise Plan To Lose Weight For Beginners At Home Without Equipment
These are the top 14 benefits of eating green chili everyday. Now, you could understand the importance of adding green chili every day. If you think adding green chilies will make your dish so hot, you can reduce the number of green chilies instead of completely avoid it. Tell your kids about these health benefits and let them start eating green chili little by little. The health benefits of eating green chili everyday are paramount. For every meal that you consume containing green chilis, you add an extra mileage of life without suffering from any kind of illness. So, try out green chili today and enjoy as many health benefits as possible.